Worshiping Entertainment

I might be speaking to a group of worship-leading drummers soon, and on a long drive last night I was considering what I might say.

One of the things that I thought to bring up seemed blog-worthy, and it is this:

I can purchase DVDs of so-called "worship events" (let's just call them worship services, okay?) from a number of large Churches or para-church organizations recorded over the past several years. I can sit on my sofa and watch a worship service from 2006.

Stop here and take a moment to ponder how ridiculous that is.

Think about that a little more.

A little more.

That little twinge you should be feeling right now is the creeping feeling that something ain't right.

Please do keep coming back to my blog...

2 comments:

sh said...

Sad thing is, many won't see any problem with it at all

Tony Java said...

I can totally see a new channel "Daystar Classic". Keep going....