Independence Day

Today, I am grateful to the King of this country, the Lord Jesus, that He has graciously granted to these United States independence and a foundation of liberty and justice for all.

I am glad that, although this people has departed from the law of liberty, given itself to idols, and replaced God's justice with man's injustice, that enough inertia remains from our origin to allow my family to live in a great deal of freedom.

I pray, Lord Jesus our King, that You will have mercy on Your Church. Lead us to repent, to put away our idols of Asherah, Tammuz, and Marduk-Shamash, and then heal our land, according to Your Word. Deal with us first, render judgement, and use us, I pray, to preach righteousness, justice, and freedom to a stiff-necked people enslaved to sin.

No comments: